Because we want everyone who uses our web site and our service to have the best time possible, we have to lay down a few ground rules for those unfriendly freaks who insist on behaving badly. For the detailed, legalese version of this, see lawyers edition.
To the bad people, we say, Fair Warning:
- BumperTunes (or someone we’re working with really closely) owns everything you see and hear on the site. Please don’t rip it off. If you ask us nicely, we might let you borrow parts.
- If you use some creepy automated way of stealing stuff from BumperTunes (and it is stealing if you take anything from the site), we will do whatever we can to stop you from doing it. And then we’ll hunt you down.
- Stalk your old boss or lover from some other site. If we catch you doing it on BumperTunes, we’ll ban you for life.
To you other, cool people who want to do the right thing and just have a good time, we promise that:
- We’ll work to keep the site up and running as smoothly and efficiently as possible. (If it goes down, we’re sorry, but we’re not responsible for anything you might have lost because of that, including sweethearts.)
- We’ll protect the personal information that you provide on the site.
- We won’t use your email address for anything that you don’t give us permission for.
- We don’t want to, but we’ll have to sue you for up to $150,000 for each song if we find out you have violated the copyrights or done anything else you’re not authorized for with our site or the content on it.
Now, we just want to make sure you know what you’re signing up for. You promise that:
- You’ll only use the site for what it was meant for. You won’t use the content for anything illegal.
- You won’t retransmit anything you get from BumperTunes to any other web site or medium.
- You’re at least 18 years old.
- If you’re younger than 18, you have permission from a parent or guardian to license music from BumperTunes.
- You’ll read the licensing terms for each song you download and abide by them.
- You won’t use our tunes for anything that sells music.
We might change these promises as we get better at this business, so you might want to check back once in a while. If we don’t hear from you, we’ll assume you’re okay with that.